Friday, December 2, 2011

"The believer is happy, the doubter is wise."

The most enjoyable essay I've written for this class is the ad analysis. I consider myself a young activist, and being able to chose an ad worthy of discussion made my day. Although I chose a Pedigree ad, I actually wanted to do one that had so many racist symbols in it. But for the sake of this blog post, I'll talk about the Pedigree one instead.

One of the first things you'll know about me is my love for animals. They bring joy into my life. When I first laid eyes on the series of Pedigree ads, I couldn't help but chose one for my paper. Not only did I get to write about a topic I'm passionate about, but I also had an OK time putting it together. There was structure. What I mean is that I could essentially break down the different parts of the essay into a well-organized outline: ad summary, meaning, target audience, etc. It was very clear as to what I needed to write in order to succeed. That doesn't mean it was the easiest to write, but at least I knew what to strive for in order to get a passing grade. Plus, who could resist the urge to talk about poor ol' shelter doggies? 

No comments:

Post a Comment